About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

So I'm new to this...

I have recently become quite obsessed with blogging. I have a slightly insane life right now and since I will be continuing with this crazy life my Dad likes to tell me, "you should write this stuff down!" Well for some reason journaling is just not enough! I think it would be fun to actually have someone read this one day.

My life: I am currently in graduate school to get my Masters in Social Work. I have an internship with the police department where I counsel children who have seen or been victim to violence of any form. Before graduate school I worked for child protective services (not a good idea!) I am also planning a wedding in May, trying to move, and find a job because, oh yeah, I am smart and decided to plan my wedding day on my graduation day.

So basically I am an insane person running around with too much to do and not enough time to do it in. I am generally an old soul in a young body so it's not like I am out partying...actually I am usually in bed by 9:00pm!  But I just have too much homework and wedding planning. It is never ending.

So why, you ask, did I decide to start this blog also? I guess I wanted a place to talk. I am about to embark on a career in which I am suppose to HELP people and sometimes I feel like I need help myself. (Don't worry there are free counseling services on campus!) I want to heal  people, I want to be strong, I want to be able to express myself, and I want to learn. I can't wait to start this crazy life but right now this life is just crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment