About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back to the real world

Well the wedding is now over. It was a fantastic time and I will always remember it. The whole weekend was just what I wanted. Simple, elegant, relaxed and filled with family and friends. Thank goodness I wasn't naked and my wedding dress was able to zip!


The honeymoon was greatly enjoyed. This is our boat- we went to Key West, Cayman Islands, and Jamica. I could go on a cruise every year I think. They are so relaxing and you can have ice cream 24 hours a day! I feel like I have been off the grid for weeks though.


The wedding week was great not only due to the wedding festivities but also because I was offered a job! It starts in the middle of June which is nice because I have had a little break. Of course I have been using that break to do all the paper work of changing my name- very confusing! I also have been applying for my therapy license which is very exciting!

Now that we are back we are trying to find our first place, just the two of us. It is a little stressful due to the fact that we have giant dogs and it feels like every apartment complex we look at deems them dangerous. I wish apartments would conduct doggy interviews because I can guarentee my dogs are more well behaved than some little dogs! It's big dog prejudice I say!

We have found one town home that looks very hopeful but apparently a lot of people are interested so we are not sure what our chances are. Prayers please!! We need a home for us and our dogs!

2 comments:

  1. This makes me miss you oh so much! Your wedding was so beautiful and I'm glad that it was stress free. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, I am in love with your blog now :) You have made my day.

    -Anna Grey

    ReplyDelete