About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Friday, May 27, 2011

The Week Before the Wedding

So I basically disappeared off the face of the earth starting the week before the wedding. I am going to blame that on my many do-it-yourself things I had to get done. Now that family and friends have posted pictures of all these things I wanted to show them off.

First off was the insane seating chart idea. I made it through my wedding without becoming a Bridezilla. I was pretty much stress free the whole time. I refused to let things get to me- but the seating chart was the one and only time that I got annoyed. It was a tedious project but I ended up liking the end result.
I made each person their own luggage tag with their table number inside. Each person could take their tag off the board to find their table. I used vintage looking fabrics (the boards were different but it's hard to see). Here is a close up of one of the boards.
 It takes a long time to make almost 90 tags! My other special touch was actually my mom's idea. My dad's mom has antiqued as a hobby for years. She mostly sells china and has insane amounts of china in her basement. We decided to borrow her china and use a different place setting at each table. This was a big project but it was a special personal touch when it was done.
 This was my table and it was the only table with purple plates. Most of the other tables had blue and red variations. My grandmother has since offered to give me this set for a graduation gift! Oh and you can see all my little M&M party favors on the tables also!

The biggest project of all though was the flowers. We didn't use a florist but I have some lovely ladies in my life: mainly my mom, maid of honor, and cousins- who helped make all the bouquets, boutonnieres, and filled the vases with flowers at each table.

The week of the wedding we had over 400 Gerber daises delivered to my house in bulk from Sam's Club. Somehow they turned into this:


 This is my bouquet. The lace is from my mom's wedding dress. It was once her sleeve! I loved that little touch.
 Daisies on the chapel door? Of course!
And then when you see my huge mafia wedding party you realize how many flowers they had to arrange! My family and friends are amazing. I couldn't ask for better people considering I am not girly enough to able to pull this off without them. Now they need to just help me move and make my next place look this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment