About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Procrastination

Procrastination is another pet peeve of mine. This has been brought up several times this week, although I am going to choose not to focus on who or what is procrastinating this week and therefore affecting me! When I was a little girl I often got school projects. Projects that often involved foam board- or even more exciting tri-fold boards:
My mom has always made fun of me because the day I was assigned any project like this I felt I needed to get my materials that day. I would freak out if I couldn't finish the assignment the day it was given to us, even if it wasn't due for another month. I have continued being this way all the way through graduate school. Except now my friends were making fun of me for being done with papers so early.

Normally I just laugh along because I know I am a little weird for wanting to be so freakishly on top of things. On the other hand I would like to vent for a few moments on the fact that other people have no idea how not to procrastinate. Once you become an adult and have a "big girl" job if you put things off till you want to do them it often effects someone else- and yet I don't think most people realize this.

Two times this week I am biding my time for someone else to basically do their job and while I wait I can do NOTHING on my end because I have to delay my work for their information. Maybe that is not annoying to some people but I really hate that. I guess I may need to learn to let things go because I have a feeling things will always be this way- but geez people get on it!

Thanks for listening to my vent of the day! (I feel like I should have some musical thing after saying that. like the NBC *ding,ding, ding* when they do the "more you know" PSA commercials)

No comments:

Post a Comment