I have officially signed a lease for us to move into the amazing town home! We are so excited and now we are just waiting until we can move out in about a month. One of my biggest pet peeves is clutter. The show Hoarders is quite possibly the most terrifying compulsion I have ever seen. Somehow the show is like a train wreck that I have to watch.
Due to this it has become my mission to dig through all of my things (and my husbands!) and throw 90% of the stuff away. I just can't handle it. I love throwing things away and taking bags of stuff to Goodwill. Plus that means less stuff to move to the new place. Today I tackled the closet and found an old journal from when I had just started working at DSS. It is always interesting to go back and read about old days and thoughts. I never keep up with journals very long- that is why I started blogging. I thought having input would provide more motivation to keep writing.
Do you remember the old facebook assignment that took over for awhile- writing 25 random things about yourself? I had written my facebook list out in my journal and had the advice from my Uncle to start blogging because he always felt it was therapeutic.
So here are my top 25 random things from 2009:
1. The best thing I have ever purchased in my life is my dog, Leia. She is currently in her terrible stage and I still can never seem to get mad at her.
2. The only movie and only book I have ever literally shed tears for is Marley and Me. We had to put down my childhood dog, Maddie, a few summers ago and I guess I am still not over it.
3. I have kind of accepted that I will never truly get over my parents moving to Texas. Although I have stopped crying every time I come back to NC I still have mini-depressions for awhile once home.
4. I have gone through a lot in the last 2 years and I think I am a much different person and I like that.
5. For example....I have been known my whole life as a bitch but the people who have become friends with me in the last year tell me they think I could never do anything mean. I really like that- I am sick of people thinking I am mean.
6. I work for Child Protective Services and I love the reaction I get from people when I tell them that.
7. The two things I wish I could change about myself is my negativity and my jealousy. I need to learn how to look on the bright side of things.
8. I have been trying to keep a journal this year because everyone seems to be fascinated by my job and by the end of the year I hope I have tons of great stories. The problem is remembering to write in it everyday!
9. There is still a part of me that wants to just move to somewhere like New York or London while I'm young and just experience real city life.
10. This reminds me that I desperately want to go on vacation. I have not been on vacation in forever...
11. I, at one time, was in 4 choirs at once and felt like singing was the one thing that I had a talent for. Now I won't sing for anyone... this gets me in trouble with the boyfriend since I won't sing for him. I miss my dad's choir-but don't tell him.
12. I can't ever decide anything. It is really a horrible trait. I never know what I want for dinner, or what movie to get, or my favorite band.
13. My favorite job was working at Starbucks with Clara. Yes I am a coffee snob but I can't help it.
14. Since I started dating my boyfriend I have been excepted into the best group of friends. Although they are mostly his guys that he has known his whole life I love them to death.
15. On the same note I have trouble getting along with girls. I am quite possibly the farthest thing from 'girly' but I also finally feel like I have a handful of close girl friends. And more importantly that I try to make time for them..when before I ignored my friendships.
16. I am a minister's child...and I still don't know if I like that or hate that. On one hand I have amazing friends and second families through church but on the other hand people don't ever leave me alone.
17. I hate small talk and always feel very uncomfortable in large groups of people I do not know.
18. I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I can't lie to save my life. Even if I have bought a gift for someone I can't keep it a secret.
19. I want to be a therapist one day and I refuse to give up on going back to get my masters.
20. I think I am a really good listener and I have learned just to listen, because people don't always want you to tell them how to fix everything, sometimes they just need to vent and have someone really hear them.
21. My real dream in life, as un-feminist and silly as it may be, is just to be married and have kids and be happy. When I was little I used to tell my mom when I grow up I want to be a mommy and that has never changed.
22. Once you are one of my best friends I will always have a place in my heart for you. I don't easily give up on people, which has sometimes been a bad thing.
24. I am secretly an old lady in a 22 year old body. I swear I go to bed at like 9:30 and I still love to cross stitch.
25. I am told a lot that I am really good for my boyfriend but he really is one of the best things that happened to me...but don't let him know that because I would never hear the end of it!
This was funny to read because I would still say most of them are true. Of course now I have completed the dream of getting my Masters and finding a job outside of DSS. When you read lists like these it always feels like there is more to add about yourself. So what are your 25 random things about yourself?? I would love to read all about it!