About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day #2

2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.

This is a hard one- mainly because I am a scared about everything!
  • I am afraid I will disappoint someone. This one is hard to explain because I can't really call myself a "people pleaser". If I don't want to do something or you don't like me- I really don't care. I developed a thick skin about that a long time ago. But, I want the people who care about me to feel that I am a good person who has accomplished something. Don't know what that something is but- that I am someone they can be proud of.
    • To be honest I don't know where this came from. I think it is just my personality. My parents always say I was one of those kids you could just give the look to and I would immediately refrain from that activity.

  • I am afraid of literally anything adventurous. Roller coasters, hiking difficult trails where I can easily fall, etc. I have never learned to ride a bike or roller blades because I am convinced I will hurt myself. Luckily, I have learned to sleep through thunderstorms without running to my parents anymore. I call that progress.
    • This is an honest fear in my opinion. I am the queen of clumsy. I frequently walk into walls and when we do go on hikes I almost always fall, even on flat ground. I am walking and then my ankle just kinda- boop- gives out. 
Hiking in N.H. with my husband and friends- before I fell and twisted my ankle.
Probably, my biggest anxiety in life is money. I am always afraid I won't have enough money. I have student loans and-one more month- of car loans. I go through a tail spin in my mind when I think of the student loans between my husband and I. I basically panic and convince my crazy brain that we will NEVER get out of debt. (Even when, obviously, I am paying my car off in July and I know I am good at budgeting)
    • I grew up in the middle class and honestly never felt like I needed anything. I always felt that we were comfortable and never thought about our family not having enough. But, my dad and I have the same personality about money. We are the budget and debt king and queen. So, I blame him. Thanks dad!


Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment