About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

This morning and throughout most of the day my Mom and I are officially going to make the Thanksgiving/Christmas meal. In our home both meals are the same. I have made most of the items for this meal- individually- but never the whole meal at once. I hope to learn from her expertise.

Yesterday, we finally made cinnamon rolls from the legendary (at least in our home) Pioneer Woman. My Mom introduced me to Pioneer Woman several years ago. She was one of the first blogs I ever read and I truly believe she is amazing. I think I want her to adopt me.

My husband gave me her first cookbook last week just as a surprise gift. I may or may not have told him that it is a sacrilege that her second cookbook is about to come out and I still didn't have the first one. Anyway, most people who read her blog know about her famous cinnamon rolls. They are her go-to Christmas present for lots of people and her recipe makes a billion rolls. We halved the recipe and still had 6 pans worth!!

Waiting for rolls to rise

Fresh out of the oven gooeyness

Add maple icing= perfection
I'm telling you I could live in pioneer woman's kitchen year round. One more shining example of why I trust her recipes- As I was looking through her cookbook my husband noticed her meatloaf recipe. Currently, I usually use Paula Dean's meatloaf recipe- but how does Pioneer Woman make it better? She adds bacon under her ketchup topping.

This woman is a genius- as long as you don't mind getting "jiggly" as she likes to say.

1 comment:

  1. I expect some of those cinnamon rolls when you return! Merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete