About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day Trip

On Friday, my best friend and I took a day trip to Blowing Rock. Our old college is there and we re-lived our college days-OK not really. We just went shopping. My friend got engaged a few weeks ago and wanted to buy her fiancé a gift that she knew he wanted.

P.S. I could not be any more excited about her wedding. They are getting married next summer in Aruba and my hubby and I are invited. A vacation to Aruba? Yes please! I have already started saving up!

Anyway, whenever I go back to the mountains I revert to my hippy ways. (That is what our alma mater is kinda known for) I want all the weird little trinkets in the stores. If I could decorate my entire house like it was the 70s I think I could. Seriously, it's a problem.

This trip I just was accosted by cute things but I only let myself buy two of them.
I fell in love with this pig when I went with my mom to Blowing Rock several months ago. Since it was still in the store I figured it was meant to be. We even went into another store and saw a little baby pig just like this one- it took some major will power to not buy it.
I ignored the baby pig just to buy these owls. I am so in love with them! My eyes bulged out of my head when I saw them. They are freakishly adorable. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

I think I would just be poor if I visited the mountains more often. I can always find something to waste money on up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment