About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Sunday, May 6, 2012

First Anniversary

On May 14th last year I graduated from my Masters program and got married on the same day. You can't say I am not good at multi-tasking! We are a week away from our anniversary but next weekend is so busy we decided to have dinner and, more importantly, eat our cake topper today.
I wanted pounds of butter cream on my cake- that was really my only request. Our cake is not so pretty anymore but the icing is still quite heavenly. Plus, I am stuffing my face with it today as tomorrow I start a 24 day cleansing diet.

We are at least going to wait to exchange gifts till the actually day of our anniversary. Considering our usual bad habit of celebrating everything early this is a pretty big accomplishment.
On a side, and completely random, note: look at the accomplishment of my windowsill garden!! Every single mason jar is growing it's herbs.

I hope everyone has a great week!


1 comment: