About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Friday, May 25, 2012

I'm in Love...

Growing up I had a one track mind. I hated sports with a burning passion but I begged for horse back riding lessons. Of course, there is a reason that horse back riding makes you think of rich people- it is an insanely expensive habit. One which we could not afford.

My mom had a horse growing up and I would just stare at her pictures and beg for a horse. One summer I got to go to a week long horse camp. I was pretty much in heaven- other than the fact that I had to wear one of those dumb helmets.

The problem is that when I was at camp or when we have just paid to go on trail rides they never let you do anything but walk- maybe trot. I have always felt like I don't know what I am doing. 

This weekend I went horse back riding with my brother's girlfriend. Her aunt owns several horses and for the first time I cantered with a horse. My mouth literally fell open in a big smile. It was the most amazing feeling ever. I am now even more convinced that I need a horse ASAP. 
This is Snickers- he was my lovely horse that ran with me. He is very laid back- especially considering I have no idea what I am doing. He is about twenty years old so he is quite content walking but he listens well enough to start running when you want him to! 
This is Hank- my brother's girlfriends baby. From what I have heard he has the best canter around. Her aunt says it's just the smoothest ride- almost like a rocking horse. But, he likes to test people and I don't have the confidence yet to tell him what to do. He is so beautiful though. 

I will admit that on Sunday I thought I might die. My butt and my back were in massive amounts of pain. I really am going to have to work on sitting correctly and learning to post again to avoid the aches. It was worth it though. I will gladly be in pain in exchange for a day with a horse! 


1 comment:

  1. Just picturing you grinning on a horse is the most adorable thing I've seen all day! :) Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete