About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Update

This has been a tough week so far. I can't believe it is only Wednesday! My kids are having more behaviors than normal- and I know it is because one of the teachers was taken out of our room. Of course, they are enjoying telling me that I am not as "good", "nice", whatever as she is. I am trying to not let that bother me because they knew her longer and I know they are still testing me.

I am also worried about one of my kids because he had to go to jail yesterday. Since he is 16 he had to go to real jail not a juvenile detention center. I know that he made dumb decisions but I can't help worrying because, face it, a 16 year old is still a little kid in many ways. He is one of those kids you can't help but like. I would basically compare him to a Ferris Bueller type of personality.

If you don't know what that means: 1. Go watch that movie NOW, and 2. I will explain. He is always up to something and usually breaking the rules. He is mostly inappropriate to be honest but, at the same time he is charming. In other words, he drives you nuts but you are still concerned about him. At times I feel he may be duping me because he knows how to play the system. I am OK with that though because I will always feel like it is my role to support a kid. Hopefully, he will survive this obstacle and learn from it.
It is possible I am being dramatic...
As of today I have also officially signed up for my mega-test of death that I have to take to get my full therapy licence. Everyone says this test is super hard and, my luck, North Carolina has one of the hardest exams in the country. What fun. I have two months to study because I purposely didn't set the date until the end of October. Considering the test is a whopping $300 a pop I am going to need to pass this sucker on round one. Let the anxiety ensue.

No comments:

Post a Comment