About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Monkees

This afternoon I was driving to one of my client's homes when I heard some most depressing news. I was just listening to NPR expecting normal broadcasts and what do I hear? Davy Jones from the Monkees is dead. Now you must be saying to yourself- what does a 25 year old know about the Monkees? (I suppose me listening to NPR also makes me old- but that is another discussion).

Well let me tell you- I had a sever obsession with the Monkees in middle school. They had started playing reruns of the show on one of those oldy channels. I even found an old Monkees book that my dad owned from the 60s that was like my my sacred treasure on earth.

Of course, while watching I, like every other little girl in the 60's fell in love with Davy Jones. Granted, when I was watching the show, he was probably in his late fifties but you couldn't tell me that. He was still a cute young guy in my mind. I literally did not miss an episode. And if I had to be gone from home, I recorded the video on a handy dandy VHS tape. Ah, those were the days.

So goodbye to the cutest 5 foot 4 inch guy on TV. You made one summer of my life quite lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment