About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quick Project

My mom is in town visiting me. I frequently get all crazy when my parents come to visit me. I decided to do a quick project to entertain myself while I was waiting for her arrival on Saturday. It is just a simple wooden letter that I painted. 

 I started with a plain wooden R that I bought at Michaels. They are very cheap and just think of the possibilities. I probably should have sanded it but I am always lazy about stuff like that. 
I started by painting my letter completely white
Pinterest inspired me to use, the much talked about, chevron pattern. I found the pattern for a chevron print on some one's blog. I honestly can't remember the name of the blog- but google chevron pattern and a thousand pop up. I then used a pencil to trace the pattern onto my letter. 
It started out like this- but I felt like it was missing something. I then added smaller lines to make it more interesting. 

Ta-da! I don't know why I like it so much better with the added small lines but I did. Here it is hanging up in my kitchen:
This is also the only picture that kind of shows the colors correctly- baby blue and grey. Hope you like the idea! It is simple- but it is another of my wonderfully tedious projects. I am starting to create a tedious habit I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment