About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Ruts

So- I am pretty sure that I have said this before but I have been in a rut. I have a hard time thinking of blog posts. I have eaten my way through many fatty, sweet delicious food items. Now, I am having issues fitting into my pants and have been somewhat down in the dumps.

I kept looking for inspiration- motivation-anything to get started getting into shape. I always feel better when I am doing something and yet I couldn't get started.


I kept seeing this motivational sign on pinterest and now I think it is just stuck in my head on repeat. I have not had sweets or anything but water for over a week. This is exceptionally difficult because my office has a constantly resupplied candy dish, my husband even brought home krispy kream donuts. I have resisted the evils. One day I had a nectarine and raspberries and I sprinkled some sugar on top. Literally, like a teaspoon and I proceeded to realize I am like a crazy crack addict. It took me several more days to learn to resist sweets again. But, I have not had any cookies, cakes, donuts, etc since March 10th.

On Saturday I even joined the gym with one of my best friends. My goal is to go from Tuesday to Saturday every week. I am not talking about insane working out- trust me I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes and I am pouring sweat. I find that kinda sad. I am only 25 and I need to be more in shape than this! So it is my new mission. I am sticking to the motivational sign. I will give it 12 weeks and, if it works at all, even more time.

Plus, if I am forced into a bathing suit this summer maybe I won't look like a beached whale. That sounds like a good goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment