About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring Wreath

Now that it is finally Spring I figured I could display how I made my spring wreath. I was so over winter that I made it months ago but that is normal right? Plus, since I have placed myself on a "stop spending money at Michael's" budget cut it is good that I started this one early.

It is actually a pretty cheap project. What you need:

a wooden frame (mine is 8x10)
hydrangea paper punch
craft paper
ribbon
glue gun
TIME

Start off by cutting out a lot of hydrangea flowers with your whole punch and then, basically, you just start glueing. It helps to fold up the paper in order to make it more three dimensional. Plus, you can fit more in and have less wood showing.

As normal, I didn't even paint the frame before I started gluing but you could paint it and not have to worry about the wood showing through. Plus I added a bow because I felt like it was missing something.  I still think other things could be added to it but I like to keep things simple.

Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment