About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crazy Week

Today, I officially had to say goodbye to my mom- let the mini depression begin. After another long stressful week of work where I got to deal with more fights, freak outs, hospital visits, and police it was nice to know my mom was in town. The whole weight watchers diet went down the tube this week- and I'm blaming her.

She was very excited because for the first time she got to have both her children and herself cooking together. My mom and I made a pumpkin pie while my brother cooked dinner for us. It was quite shocking, I never thought he would cook. He made us red beans and rice, fried plantains, and grilled chicken. He went on vacation with my dad a few years ago to the Dominican Republic and loved their food so he started learning how to make it.

Not to mention going out to eat many times this week- so much for staying on track!

I also went to the most beautiful wedding ever this weekend. We were all so worried for her because it was an outside wedding and we have had a torrential downpour of rain for days here in the Carolinas. Somehow, the wedding angels gave her perfect blue skies during her wedding though.
Siblings from another motha
My husband was raised with this family. As an only child these guys became his siblings. At our wedding she was one of my bridesmaids and he was hubby's best man. They are some of the sweetest people I have ever met- and truly this wedding was amazing. I am pretty sure it checked off every girl's wish list of wedding fun- horse drawn carriage, food, dancing, twinkling lights hanging from the trees, and a lovely setting of an older white mansion on a vineyard. It was like a fairy tale.

Plus I got to see my husband having a seizure- otherwise known as his dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment