About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pumpkin Pickin'

After another long week of work where I made sweet, sweet memories- sweet memories such as a teenage boy calling me a c*#t. Ahh, this is why this job will always be cemented in my brain as the hardest job ever! Am I counting down the days- you bet! 3 more weeks to go and maybe I will be able to retain some sense of respect and dignity again.

Anyway, after all of that I needed to plan at least one fun activity this weekend. So hubby and I went to a local pumpkin patch to choose some more pumpkins to carve this year.
Pumpkin Patch

This ended up being mine!
The bad thing about us going to a place like this is that we both become convinced we need a farm. Seriously, we are the king and queen of being home bodies. We would be perfectly content owning a farm and doing fun stuff like this with the community. This farm even had a fun little shop with homemade ciders, jams, honey, etc.
We had to buy a jug of apple cider- not only was it homemade with their apples but it had a cool glass jug also. We couldn't resist.
I could totally do this!
The farm even had old neat looking tractors- which of course we had to pose with:

Even my inner hippie was appeased with this awesome painted chicken coup. If I ever have a farm I now fully believe that I will need a rainbow painted chicken coup- it's a must.

And now our front stoop looks super cute with three happy pumpkins just waiting to be carved.

It's fall- if you haven't gone out in this perfect weather to do something fun like this- you need to! Not to mention you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside that you supported local produce and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment