About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saying Goodbye

I have never been great at saying goodbye. This weekend I made the plunge and decided to 'say goodbye' to my long wedding hair. I have been blessed, or cursed- depending on how you look at it- with extremely think wavy hair. Once it gets to a certain point it becomes difficult to manage. I guess that point is around here:
On a daily basis I was having to rip out tennis ball size tangles and, well, that gets painful and old quickly. I decided to donate my hair to Locks of Love since I knew I had at least ten inches I wanted to cut off. 

"Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces for financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis".

So next week off it goes, my insanely thick braid of hair. This weekend I also have to say goodbye to my oldest friend. We have been friends for about 18 years- that is pretty amazing in the girl world. She is moving up north for a really cool opportunity for her.

Tonight, we had her going away party and while I am very sad to see her go- I hope she enjoys the new life! 
But I hope she comes back soon- it is hard to find such amazing friends!! 

2 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful young woman, no matter the length of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so BEAUTIFUL and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete