About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Friday, July 6, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day #10

10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.

How can a person have just one embarrassing moment?? Seriously, I think I embarress myself at least once every day. I fall, I trip, I drop things, I walk into walls, and I get lost. I have literally no hand-eye coordination. Hence, the whole- never learned to ride a bicycle thing.

I will give just one example. I used to work in a day treatment center with kids in high school. Literally, it's the worst job ever! The kids come to day treatment instead of going to school because their mental health needs prevent them from being in a typical school setting.

We had a gym at the center and the kids were always trying to get me to play basketball with them. Which I flatly refused at all times. One day, they wouldn't let up so I told them I would shoot ONE ball. I took the ball, jumped, threw the ball, and instead of landing- fell. Once again, my lovely ankle gave out and I sprained it. I hobbled to a chair fighting back tears. By the time I got home my ankle was swollen to the size of a baseball and I was crying on the couch as my husband tryed to ice it. I couldn't even make it upstairs to get to our bedroom to sleep that day!

I am always so much fun!

Happy Friday,

No comments:

Post a Comment