About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day #9

9. List 3 people who have influnced you and describe how.

My Parents
Taught me how to be honest with myself and others. Taught me how to be independent and self reliant. Taught me to have goals and try to make myself a better person. Taught me the importance of helping others.

My Husband
We are completely different people. Which is kinda why we work. He teaches me to relax and laugh a little- at least he tries to! He lives his life wide open- emotions on his sleeve. He is not afraid to express his emotions and he teaches me to have some fun.

My Clients

I have learned many things from working with the familes I see day in and day out. One, I have learned to be extremely thankful for the relative ease of the life I was raised in. Also, I have learned the importance of choosing your battles. It is kind of hard to get upset about your husband not washing the dishes when you see mental health issues every day. I have also had to learn how to take care of myself so that I don't bring the job home with me every day.

Happy Thursday,

No comments:

Post a Comment