About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Friday, July 13, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day #17

17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

Being open. I mean that in a lot of ways. One- I wish I was a little more free with my life. I wish I wasn't afraid of things- roller coasters, large crowds, being "seen". I am a pretty laid back person but I also struggle with being more of a free spirit.Two- I wish I was more open about my feelings. Although I spend all day telling people what emotions are, recognizing them, and expressing them- I am not particularly good at any of the above in my own life.

Last year, Paul McCartney came to do a show in my town. The Beatles- or any part of them- make me ridiculously happy and yet I didn't go. I was in grad school and I was afraid it was just too much money. This is my constant example in life- once in a lifetime experiences that I am afraid to go out on a limb for. I still regret this! So I just want to- let myself enjoy life more.

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment