About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day #22

22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

In 5 years:

My main thought- is babies. Hopefully, by then I will have my kids- or at least one. In five years I will also have my full therapy license- none of this provisional stuff. I want to feel a little more comfortable in terms of salary by then. I would be really happy if we bought a house in the next 5 years also. I feel like a lot of "big" moments in my life should happen in the next five years. No pressure or anything.

In 10 years:

In 10 years I want to be more confident in myself. I hope to feel that I have learned some life lessons- maybe even learned to live a little more openly. I want to be done with student loan payments and feel like I have started planning for my future better- can we say retirement one day? If I had some kinda dream land I may even grow the guts to have a private practice and choose my own day to day work life. I suppose in ten years I will even have real kids- not the way I think about cuddly babies right now. So, I hope that I have started to teach my kids how to be good, independent, healthy little people.

In 15 years:

I will be 41- creepy!! I want to be settled quite frankly. I want to be living in a home that I love. I want to be with my kids and my husband. I want to be able to take family vacations without worrying about money. I want savings accounts that I can be proud of. I want to feel like I could even be a supervisor at this point and know what I am talking about as a therapist. I think of my 40s as the comfort zone. You aren't really old so life can be fun and you finally, hopefully, have worked your way to a good spot in your career.

Happy Wednesday,

No comments:

Post a Comment