About Me

My photo
Charlotte, North Carolina
I am starting out my social work career and my marriage. I write to relieve stress...mostly by sarcastically telling life stories.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

30 Day Challenge- Day #26

26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

I am not sure if this is a notion- but I think the worst part of society is how everyone is me, me, me nowadays. Not to say that I don't ever act that way. I think everyone is that way to a certain extent. But, it seems like everyone just has an isolated little life where they don't really care about others.

Last week, one of my clients- he is ten years old- just stared at me and asked me why I care about his problems. He truly did not understand why I would try to help him. He even said that his teacher told him to only worry about himself. Really? Who teaches that?

With everything being so technical now- facebook, email, texting- it seems like we have lost human contact. Even at grocery stores- I know I run to the self check out instead of talking to the cashier. When I was little I played outside or used my imagination. I didn't play video games locked in the house all summer. What happened to personal connection?

But hey- I always admitted I'm a flaming liberal.
Happy Sunday,

No comments:

Post a Comment